As the Clyde Regional Marine Plan is developed, further associated documents will be added here.
Statement of Public Participation for the Clyde Regional Marine Plan
Please note that the SPP will be reviewed and updated, usually at the end of each stage of the planning process, to provide further details on future events. Revised versions will be added to this page. More regular updates on events and consultations will be provided on the Consultation and Events page and advertised via our newsletter (sign-up via the box at the top right of this page) and twitter – @clydemarineplan.
Click to view/download – Clyde Regional Marine Plan Statement of Public Participation
Clyde Marine Region Assessment and Topic Sheets
Please click below to view and download the Clyde Marine Region Assessment. The Assessment provides baseline information on the condition of the Region to support the development of the Clyde Regional Marine Plan under the Marine (Scotland) Act 2010.
As the marine planning process moves forward, any additional or new information that comes to light as a result of stakeholder and issues work streams and public consultation will be taken into consideration during development of the Plan.
To increase the accessibility of information in the Assessment, the CMPP has also prepared Topic Sheets. These are two-page summaries of the key information from selected chapters and can also be downloaded below.
Note: Work is currently underway to develop a guide to the condition of fish, shellfish and seabed habitats, and includes workshops with the public and fishermen, see the Consultations and Events page. The Topic Sheets on these issues will be finalised once that process has been done.
Click to view/download the Assessment: Clyde Marine Region Assessment – 2017
To view individual sections of the Assessment click the files below:
- Section 1 – Introduction and summary
- Section 2 – Overview of the region
- Section 3 – Condition of the region – Physical
- Section 4 – Condition of the region – Clean & Safe
- Section 5 – Condition of the region – Healthy & Biologically diverse
- Section 6 – Productive – Economic contribution, pressures and impacts
- Sections 7-9 – Research & knowledge gaps, references and appendices
Click to view/download the Topic Sheets:
- Marine planning on the Clyde
- An overview of the region
- The Ecosystem Approach and Ecosystem Services
- Protected areas in the Clyde Marine Region
- Climate change
- Marine Litter
- Clean & Safe
- Mobile species
- Seabirds and waterbirds
- Marine invasive and non-native species
- Economic activities in the Clyde Marine Region
In October-November 2017, the CMPP conducted a Public Dialogue process with local communities from Tarbert and Greenock. The aim of the exercise was to involve people who would not necessarily engage with marine planning in order to gain their views on the development of the Regional Marine Plan. Please see the report below for the full findings of the process.
Click to view/download: