Marine Scotland are currently running a consultation on Improving protection given to Priority Marine Features outside the Marine Protected Area network.
This consultation will close on 31 August 2018. You can access all the documents and respond to the consultation on the Scottish Government website: https://consult.gov.scot/marine-scotland/priority-marine-features/
Please note that this consultation seeks views on the following:
- The Scoping Report, as required under the Environmental Assessment (Scotland) Act 2005, which sets the scope for the Strategic Environmental Assessment
- The methodology to be used in the Socio-economic Assessment
- The 11 Priority Marine Feature advice documents produced by Scottish Natural Heritage
- Data and evidence sources to be used in the assessment
- A management approach that will be assessed
- Potential reasonable alternative management approaches.
It is not asking whether measures should be implemented – another consultation will follow where measures will be proposed, which will be accompanied by a Sustainability Appraisal. This is currently scheduled for Autumn 2018.
If you wish to view associated data layers, you can access these via the following links:
- View all 4 layers on MS Maps: https://marinescotland.atkinsgeospatial.com/nmpi/?mapcenter=-370515,7915192&zoomlevel=6&layers=1647,1648,1649,1650,1651
- Metadata and download links: http://spatialdata.gov.scot/geonetwork/srv/eng/catalog.search?node=srv#/metadata/Marine_Scotland_FishDAC_12110
Any queries related to this consultation should be directed to email@example.com.